Apply for the Zimmer Travel Fellowship
This fellowship is offered in recognition of Bruce Zimmer’s influence on, and contribution to, institutional research in Australasia, and is offered to assist a member to attend an event held by AIR or another AIR affiliate (other than AAIR) or similar organisation, by covering associated travel costs.
Bruce was one of the initial members of AAIR and a key organiser of the inaugural AAIR Forum held in Rockhampton in 1990. He served on the AAIR executive from 1990 to 2005 and was President from 1998 to 2002.
Your application should be focused on institutional research or professional development in the pursuit of institutional research knowledge, describing how the Zimmer Travel Fellowship will be used to achieve these ends, particularly with regard to:
- which event the applicant intends to attend
- the value of the event to the applicant and why they want to attend this event
- how the event is related to institutional research
- how relevant the trip is to the applicant’s professional development
- how the results of the fellowship will be communicated to AAIR members
- offering a brief account of the expected costs to be supported by the fellowship.